The Stepping Stones Network has been formed to encourage individuals and organizations to GET INVOLVED in fighting this form of modern day slavery.
If you are interested, the best first step is to attend one of our monthly Education/Volunteer Interest meetings. These meetings will be held on the third Monday of the month from 7:00-8:45 pm.
The 3rd Monday meeting is at Christ Church of Lake Forest 100 N. Waukegan Lake Forest, IL (1st Floor, Room A106, 7 or 8). There will be a sign at the main door and on the meeting room door.
If you have a heart for this issue, we want to meet you and help you find the best place for you to plug in and make a difference. Each meeting is split into two parts:
1) 7:00-8:15 pm – Education Session – Learn about the issue of sex trafficking, what’s happening in Lake County and Chicagoland, and how Stepping Stones Network and our community is responding. This is great for those who just want learn or who are considering donating or volunteering.
2) 8:15-8:45 pm – Volunteer Interest Session – Interested in getting involved? Stay for the second part and learn about our Volunteer Network, our current goals, and how we are organized to meet them. You’ll hear about current needs and be provided with an opportunity to share your interest, skills, gifts, available time, etc. You will be added to our Volunteer Database and our Interview Waitlist. Our Executive Director or Volunteer Coordinator will contact you for an interview within 30 days or so. Either way, we will add you to our mailing list and keep you up to date on what’s happening.
- Volunteer – Individuals who want to get involved.
- Champion – Organizations who want to get involved.
- Provider – Social agencies or organizations that may refer to us or provide direct services to survivors.
- Party – People who are great at hospitality and event planning that will hold small fundraising parties.
- Shopping – You like to shop? The profits from every dollar you spend at our Shopping Network will go to help us restore lives. (This network is suspended for now.)
- Donate – Give Online or Mail a tax-deductible donation to Stepping Stones PO Box 208 Grayslake, IL 60030.
- Share the Story – Tell your church, school, business, or organization about us and request a presentation.
- Volunteer Opportunities – If you are unable to attend a 3rd Monday Education/Volunteer Interest session. Click here to see current Open Volunteer positions. Email email@example.com if you see a volunteer position that interests you.