The Stepping Stones Network has been formed to encourage individuals and organizations to GET INVOLVED in fighting this form of modern day slavery.
If you are interested, the best first step is to attend one of our monthly Education/Volunteer Interest meetings. These meetings will be held on the third Monday and sometimes also the third Thursday of the month from 7:00-8:45 pm in Lake County (northern suburbs of Chicago, IL). See our Calendar of Events for monthly locations. If you have a heart for this issue, we want to meet you and help you find the best place for you to plug in and make a difference. Each meeting is split into two parts:
1) 7:00-8:15 pm - Education Session - Learn about the issue of sex trafficking, what’s happening in Lake County and Chicagoland, and how Stepping Stones Network and our community is responding. This is great for those who just want learn or who are considering donating or volunteering.
2) 8:15-8:45 pm - Volunteer Interest Session - Interested in getting involved? Stay for the second part and learn about our Volunteer Network, our current goals, and how we are organized to meet them. You’ll hear about current needs and be provided with an opportunity to share your interest, skills, gifts, available time, etc. If there is an immediate match of our needs and your interests/skills, we will get you plugged in within 30 days. If there is not an immediate need, we will add you to our Volunteer database and we will send you special communications to keep you updated and engaged we find the perfect fit for you.
UPCOMING EDUCATION & VOLUNTEER INTEREST MEETINGS:
* Click here to view Event Calendar*
Connect to one of our FIVE networks!
- Volunteer - Individuals who want to get involved.
- Champion - Organizations who want to get involved.
- Provider - People and organizations that may provide direct services to trafficking victims/survivors.
- Party - People who are great at hospitality and event planning that will hold awareness and fundraising parties.
- Shopping - You like to shop? The profits from every dollar you spend at our Shopping Network will go to help us restore lives.
- Donate - Mail a tax-deductible donation to Stepping Stones PO Box 208 Grayslake, IL 60030.
- Share the Story - Tell your church, school, business, or organization about us and request a presentation.
- Volunteer Opportunities -
Click here to see current Operations volunteer opportunities.
Click here to see current Client Direct Service volunteer opportunities.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you see a volunteer position that interests you.