$62,000 – $75,000 a year
Number of hires for this role
comprehensive fundraising: 3 years (Required)
Full Job Description
Stepping Stones Network
Position Title: Director of Development & Community Engagement
Organization Type: Faith-based, Not-for-Profit
Position Type: Full-Time, 32-40 hours, flexible schedule
Direct Report: CEO
Compensation: $62,000 – $75,000, including Bonus
Benefits: $200 Monthly Contribution to Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) n+ 30 Days PTO
Location/Travel Requirements: Remote, Lake County, IL area
Stepping Stones is a network of trained professionals and compassionate individuals who partner with adults and nurture children impacted by commercial sexual exploitation as they take steps to interrupt the cycle of trauma, develop life skills and build a safe circle of support.
We believe that lives damaged by abusive and destructive experiences can be restored one step at a time. We do this by engaging the community and selecting clients who are determined to actively participate in rebuilding their lives. We then surround them with a circle of love and support that provides safety, basic needs, and individualized therapeutic programming that addresses purpose, home management, financial literacy, health and wellness, spirituality, parenting, relationships, trauma and addiction recovery, and education and job preparation.
We do all this through five programs primarily directed at sex trafficking survivors and their children: Day Program (Monday-Friday), Childcare & Development, 24×7 Residential Program, Groups and Outreach.
The Director of Development & Community Engagement is responsible for fundraising and donor relationship development (i.e., tracking, nurturing, retention, appreciation, etc.) This leader will also supervise all marketing, communication, education, and church engagement efforts to ensure consistent and coordinated messaging.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent proven experience. At least 3 years experience in comprehensive fundraising methods, identifying sources of funding for non-profit organizations, and grant writing (or an understanding of the process). Alternatively, may have not-for-profit
Board experience and a successful background in business development/sales. Experience leading, motivating, and supervising others.
- Represents and raises awareness of Stepping Stones Network publicly in the Lake County area and beyond in person and via social media.
- Plans major giving programs
- Researches major gift donor prospects
- Works with CEO to grow relationships with major gift donors
Stepping Stones Network
- Develops donor solicitation strategy for major gift prospects
- Designs and operates donor stewardship programs
- Tracks and assesses major gift fundraising metrics
- Identifies and stewards prospective donors
- Creates and leads a volunteer Development Board
- Creates major gift proposal/campaign documents
- Utilizes/selects major giving fundraising and marketing tools, including on-line tools\
- Oversees overall marketing/communication/PR strategy and plans
- Works collaboratively to engage board members and staff on fundraising & communications
- Direct Reports:
- Recruits and/or supervises existing paid and volunteer Grant Writers, Event Coordinator, Marketing & Communication lead, Education Lead, and Donor Appreciation Team.
- Provide Resume and Cover Letter. If given an interview, provide three references that attest to the applicant’s ability to perform the duties of the position. References are preferred in writing with phone numbers and email addresses for follow-up.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Stepping Stones Network.
- Possesses an understanding and willingness to abide by the core values and guiding principles of Stepping Stones.
- No credible evidence of physical abuse, neglect, sexual exploitation, or negligent misconduct toward any individual.
- No credible evidence of substance abuse, and willing to submit to a drug test upon request.
- Completion of satisfactory criminal background check and SSN non-disclosure agreements.
- Our values are “faith-based, free to choose”. But, because we are a faith-based organization and this is an Executive Leadership role, it requires the individual to be a practicing Christian and in basic agreement with the Stepping Stones statement of faith.
- Show creativity and innovation in fundraising and communication methods
- Communicate effectively and relationally in writing, one-on-one, and group settings.
- Work independently displaying strong organizational, administrative, and time management skills.
- Represent SSN in a positive way at community and collaborative events.
- Abide by organization policies and procedures.
- Positively direct and manage others.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $62,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- comprehensive fundraising: 3 years (Required)
- Fully Remote
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer’s application process.